Wild Species Status Search
With the release of the 2015 wild species status information, the Fish and Wildlife Policy Branch of Alberta Environment and Parks is reporting the status of vertebrates (amphibians, birds, fish, mammals
and reptiles) using the same methodology and terms used in 2000, 2005, 2015 and will no longer be including plant or invertebrate information in the database. This allows comparison of general status
information from one reporting period to another.
Status information generated using NatureServe terms and methodology for vertebrates, invertebrates, and plants is generated by the Alberta Conservation Information Management System of Alberta Parks.
To access plant and invertebrate species status information, see:
How to Search for the Current General Status of Alberta's Wild Species
To view a list of species and the current status grouping:
Search by Status and Class
- Select the status: you may select more than one status by checking multiple boxes
- Select the class: you may select more than one species by holding down the CTRL key while making your selections
- Use the Search button to generate a list of species based on your selections.
Search by Species Common or Scientific Name
- If you know the common and/or scientific name of a particular wild species, fill in the appropriate fields provided.
- Use the Search button to access status data on the species.
Download Complete Alberta Wild Species Status List
For the purposes of this assessment, draft documents were sent to professional biologists from government and industry, along with wild species experts from the natural history community. The comments and
suggestions made by these individuals were compiled and discussed. The final scores and rankings, however, remain the sole responsibility of Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP).